Criteria for Division II
The following criteria are required for any collegiate, community, or professional theatre interested in participating in the Ostranders in the Division II category.
- Eligible companies perform in Shelby County, unless approved by the Ostrander Director.
- Participating theatres agree to provide complimentary tickets for Ostrander judges, according to the current voting process.
- Eligible companies do NOT have a full-time artistic staff, which may include (but is not limited to) an artistic director, technical director, or production manager or are considered educational institutions. Questions about this criteria should be directed to the Ostrander Director.
- Companies must select and publicize the show dates by July 1 for fall shows and December 31 for spring shows. Shows must be submitted for consideration directly to the Ostrander Director and/or Assistant via the form below.
- Qualifying productions must have at least 3 public performances
- Plays produced by the same theatre family within 7 years of the original production will be considered a remount of the original production and ineligible for consideration.
- If a show has been double cast, theatres will inform the judges which actor should be judged. There must be ample time for all required judges to see the designated actor.
- Schedule changes must be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Out-of-town directors, actors, choreographers, and technical staff are eligible to receive an Ostrander.
- PPlay readings, workshops, or concerts will not be considered for judging.
- The Ostrander committee does not judge children’s productions (performed primarily by high school age and below), productions by children’s theatre companies, or “Dinner Theatre” (any production where the cost of a base ticket includes food or drink).
- Holiday productions or productions intended solely for fundraising reasons are among productions that theatres are encouraged to evaluate for possible omission or withdrawal for adjudication.