Criteria for College Theatre participation
The following criteria are required for college theatre programs interested in participating in the Ostrander process.
- Eligible colleges perform in Shelby County, unless approved by the Ostrander Director.
- Participating colleges agree to provide complimentary tickets for Ostrander judges, according to the current voting process.
- Colleges must select and publish a season of a minimum of three shows by July 1 for the following Ostrander year.
- College shows must run for more than one (1) weekend.
- If a show has been double cast, theatres will inform the judges which actor should be judged. There must be ample time for all required judges to see the designated actor.
- Judges must receive notice of any schedule changes at least 3 weeks in advance.
- Out-of-town directors, actors, choreographers, and technical staff are eligible to receive an Ostrander.
- Community actors in college performances will be eligible to receive a college
- Play readings and workshops will not be considered for judging.
- The Ostrander committee does not judge children’s productions or children’s theatre companies.